Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dentist -- Take II

I had taken Wei Wei to the dentist several weeks ago -- and that trip was a D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. I thought the first visit would be all fun: check out the fun chair! The equipment! Let's count some teeth. Nope, this dentist went straight to business. Not only did I have to hold him down, he has three cavities and the dentist said that at least one of them needed to be filled. Which meant drilling. Which meant numbing. Which meant using restraints. I was sick about it.

We decided to get a second opinion and went to see a new dentist today (thanks to Nancy for the referral!). This visit was MUCH better. Poor Wei Wei was so traumatized from the first visit that it was dicey at first, but the dentist had "Cars" on. Smart dentist. Also plenty of time for Wei Wei to warm up. Smart dentist. Also no poking, just looking. Smart dentist. It was miraculously a good experience. No tears from our little delicate lotus flower.

This doctor recommended taking baby steps, so we're going back in a few weeks for another look, maybe a cleaning, and definitely more tv.

I LOVE this new dentist (and not because he's a dreamboat either).

Our new favorite dentist---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Jerry didn't write this entry, otherwise his idea of "dreamy" is different than I would have expected...